Monday, January 31, 2011

Merry Christmas (A Month Late) and my Second Attempt at Cookie Decorating




I’m not even going to show you my first attempt. I made them for my family in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving and they all looked like Easter eggs. Every single one.

Anyway, I think these turned out much better.

I was at school super late for exams last semester, and by the time I finally got home it was 3 days to Christmas. The second I walked in the door I said to my mom, “Mom, all I’ve been doing is locking myself in the basement of the library for the past 6 days, and all I’ve been wanting to do is make these cookies.” And she was all for it.

So the next three days were a whirlwind of powdered sugar and flour and food coloring. On Christmas Eve I sat in front of mounds and mounds of cookies slowly working on my technique while my mom and I watched Grown Ups. Super funny movie.

Overall, one of the best Christmases I’ve had in a long time. And sorry these are late. New blog, going to be posting some old pictures from previous projects. I have these pictures all over the place and I’d like them to be in one place.

I’ll be back with some other pictures later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment