Monday, February 7, 2011

GO PACK GO!!!

I've been waiting and waiting, avoiding school work that was absolutely necessary, just counting down until the day when it was acceptable to make these cookies. Decorating sugar cookies is still new for me, as this is only my third attempt. I'm still working on finishing the piping without the little nub at the end of a piped line, and tend to miss a few more than the occasional air bubble.



My alliance to the NFL is small, and usually only shows itself around playoff time, but if I'm a Patriots fan first, then I'm definitely a Packers fan second. I think that the Wisconsin fam would disown me if I renounced Packer football. It's bad enough that I go to Michigan :)



Anyway, my cheering was for you, family (plus Charles Woodson is a Wolverine, common ground maybe?)



However, I wanted to please the masses at the Superbowl Party that I was attending, so I made an attempt at the Steelers logo as well.



I have to admit that the Steelers logo was a little more fun to pipe and I don't think that the Green Bay "G" really matches the actual logo, but hey, it was worth a shot right?

I attempted jerseys as well. Who knew how long Roethlisberger's last name was? Well, I did, but there was no way that was fitting on a cookie. I got to the letter b and then had to add a "...."




Overall, Superbowl was a raging success. I'm glad it was a good game and not a blowout, that would have been no fun.

And how about those commercials! My favorite was absolutely the Chrysler commercial "Imported from Detroit". Eminem is the best, it features Detroit, and as I'm watching it for the twelve-thousandth time right now I'm still getting goosebumps.

Also the mini Darth Vader commercial was super cute. Props to the car companies this year!

Here are some extra shots of the cookies, let me know what you think! Ps. Sorry some of the letters are backwards, took a couple of the pics with my computer and it flipped them.





No comments:

Post a Comment