Sunday, February 20, 2011

Twisted Brownies

...no, not the special kind.

I'm supposed to bring a baked good to a meeting I'm going to tonight. I had a box of brownie mix in the cabinet, but I wanted to spice it up a little bit.

I did a quick google search, and then came up with Meringue-topped Brownies. Yum!



They're gooey, with a marshmallowy consistency on the top. Pretty delicious!




To make them:

1 box of your favorite brownie mix
1/2 bag chocolate chips (or more, you know, whatever floats your chocolate boat)
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar (i used light because that's what was in the house, but either works)
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350. Mix up the brownies according to directions on the box. Grease the pan, pour in brownie mix. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then slowly add sugar, brown sugar, and salt and keep beating until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes, but be sure to check with a toothpick for doneness.

Brain slip: I couldn't understand why my brownies weren't finished cooking, but it turns out I was sticking my toothpick into a melted chocolate chip instead of brownie batter. whoops!

:) spring break in one week! one exam to go!

4 comments: