Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Project Healthy Food

I'm in a sociology class this semester where I volunteer in a school twice a week to teach nutrition and physical activity lessons to the kids. It's been so eye-opening to the problems with school lunches and the kid's mentality surrounding food.

The girls in my class and I have a final project to do all together before the end of the year, and tonight we're having a potluck to eat some good healthy food and to get some work done on the project.

Naturally I volunteered for dessert, and made Angel Food Cake cupcakes for the occasion.




They're frosted with Cool Whip, and topped with sliced strawberries. The cupcakes that I'm bringing are drizzled in chocolate, because I was craving chocolate covered strawberries.

Hooray for healthy baking and potlucks! AND for the super warm weather we're finally getting! YAY SPRING!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew Angel Food Cake could be a cupcake. That way you don't have the trouble of eating it with a fork. Clever!

    ReplyDelete